Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Angels Among Us

Do you remember the Alabama song, “Angel’s Among Us?”  It was one of my favorite songs and it has been playing in my head the past couple of days.
“Oh I believe there are angels among us
Sent down to us from somewhere up above
They come to you and me in our darkest hours
To show us how to live
To teach us how to give
To guide us with a light of love”
The other night a sweet lady came to our door with a delivery.  She had been to visit her grandchildren in another state and while she was there she told them of our family.  She told them the story of Jacob joining our family and she told them of Michael and how we are working to bring him home.  Several days later this sweet grandmother was packing to come home when her granddaughters came into the room and handed her a Ziploc bag with money in it.   These young girls had worked very hard all summer to grow strawberries and sell them.  They had saved a large amount of money and when they heard Michael’s story, they discussed it with their parents and decided that they wanted to give their hard earned money to help bring him to his forever family. 
I can’t express how humbling it is to accept help from these angel children.  This gift represented an entire summer of hard work for these young girls. Their sacrifice and gift is absolutely sacred to us.  These young girls are “angels among us.”
I received an updated donor list today from Reece’s Rainbow.  We have received these lists in past weeks and have been so grateful for the friends and family that were represented on the list.  This week was different, however.  On today’s list, were several names that we do not know personally.  These angels read of Michael’s story and decided to help bring him home to his forever family.  Because I do not know how to send my gratitude to these angels that have helped us, I will thank them here and hope that they will see and know of our deep gratitude.  Thank you SunDee L., Stacey S., Rebecca B., Cynthia W., and Taryn S..  Your gift means so much to our family. 
So, as my mind replays, “Angels Among Us” over and over in my mind today, I will have specific angels in my thoughts and I will be forever grateful that they have come to me and my family.    

No comments:

Post a Comment